PwC Poland’s Financial Crime Unit (“FCU”) is uniquely equipped to assist our Clients in overcoming these challenges through innovation and collaboration. The Policy & Compliance stream within the FCU provides expert advice & guidance in various AML related areas, such as KYC, Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions, Compliance Governance and AML Risk Rating Models. The Policy & Compliance stream also establishes quality monitoring frameworks on projects together with the Technology, Process and Operations streams, to deliver high quality services to our Clients This enables our Client’s to reimagine “the possible” and to build sustainable AML functions that can adapt to the demands of the Financial Services industry.
We are always keen to recruit experienced professionals who are interested in working in a dynamic, fast growing team.
- Independently lead and manage both client engagements and internal initiatives, e.g. analyse complex ideas or proposals and provide a range of meaningful recommendations, engage a variety of stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions and perspectives, ensure the timeliness and quality of deliverables, identify opportunities to add value to our Client by promoting new ideas and services.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement on Client engagements
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert of Financial Crime Compliance, e.g. understanding the impact of changes to regulations, forming a perspective on how institutions respond, what constitutes ‘best practice’ in relation to policies, operating models, technology, etc.
- Keeping up with developments in the sector of AML/ CTF/ Sanctions regulatory area and translating them into valuable and practical advice to our Clients.
- Active participation in the global PwC network, e.g. build a collaborative network with other PwC member firms in order to share knowledge and provide a truly global perspective for our Clients.
- Invest in the development of others through mentoring and coaching, e.g. recognise others’ strengths and development areas, and help them to realise their full potential in a positive and supportive environment.
- This role is available in our offices in Gdańsk or Warsaw although there is also an opportunity for overseas travel, subject to the Client engagement.
- Previous experience (5+ years in a senior or management position), preferably in Financial Crime Compliance at a global financial institution, regulatory agency, or a leading consulting firm.
- Expert technical knowledge in an AML area (KYC, Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions, Compliance Governance, AML Risk Rating Models) and an understanding of other regulations such as FATCA/ CRS.
- In-depth understanding of the financial services industry (e.g. business and operating models, products and services; culture and communication style).
- Experience in process related activities, i.e. building target operating models, establishing & optimizing processes, deploying automated solutions, designing and implementing operational tools (e.g. process maps, procedures, quality control, time & motion exercises, capacity models, management reporting, etc.).
- Experience in managing projects and teams, engaging key stakeholders to provide frequent status updates with the ability to resolve or appropriately escalate issues.
- A strong motivator that is comfortable using a broad range of tools and techniques to provide decisive and practical solutions.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to build confidence, respect and credibility with colleagues.
- Ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient when under pressure.
- A team player who enjoys working in a multicultural and international environment and is willing to travel and be involved in international projects.
- Keen to maintain personal development and take advantage of training opportunities.
- The candidate must be fluent in English and additional language skills will be viewed as a further strength for this role.
- A diverse, international and fast paced environment, offering exciting opportunities for innovative thinkers who seek to ‘disrupt’ traditional mindsets.
- Unlimited opportunities to develop and further your professional growth in a variety of competencies.
- Access to leading global clients supported by an unrivalled member firm network with local insights and a global mindset.
- Potential for overseas work for those candidates who are keen to increase their exposure to international markets.
- A supportive and open-minded team who are dedicated to maintaining a healthy and balanced working culture.
- A competitive remuneration package and benefits that ensure our team is rewarded for their contribution to our success.