We are looking for Application Support Engineer with German to join our expanding team, specializing in Java/J2ee for a reputational Automobile client.t. In this role, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. Top-notch application support engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support.
Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) practice has evolved over years and is very mature practice driving industrialisation. In this digital era, application development has nurtured best practices following software craftsmanship principles and engineering practices including agile and DevOps. Focus is on application modernisation enabled by accelerators and tools that enable smart engineering leveraging AI. Our software engineers have a breadth of skills from frontend to backend, databases, integration and cloud technologies. Application maintenance services have also evolved significantly and our engineers leverage analytics to deliver AI Ops based proactive and pre-emptive managed service. There is an increasing trend in embracing DevOps. Apart from development and maintenance, ADM practice also plays key governing role with top notch programme management and service management practices.
As a part of ADM practice, you will deliver technology solutions for our clients through best in class engineering practices. You will build better and deliver better products!
- Providing software application support for Java/J2ee based applications.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements for platform stability
- Monitoring incidents/tickets for timely resolutions
- Maintain service levels for incidents/tickets raised by clients
- Build a necessary knowledge base for an effective and timely ticket resolutions
- Perform Incident Triaging and Problem Management on tickets raised by clients
- Liaise with other support teams and third-party support for issue resolution
- Problem determination, workaround resolution, root cause analysis, major incident management
- Collaborate with offshore teams for smooth handovers between the timezones
- Act as Single Point of Contact for any support-related escalations.
- Technical / programming languages
- 8 to 10 years of experience with
- SQL Service
- Spring Boot
- Experience with onsite/offshore team construct
- Working very closely with business stakeholders, architects, Product owners, Scrum Masters and the developer community
- Additional experience of the delivery process would be helpful
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Fluent in German and English as a Business Language
- Having Angular experience is an advantage
- High learnability to learn and master several open-source and in-house built tools
- You feel comfortable working in a very dynamic environment in which changes are the only constant
About our Candidate Privacy Statement:https://www.cognizant.com/careers_resources/Cognizant_Candidate_Privacy_Statement_English_version.pdf